was inclosed in 1790 when the allotment of land was assigned to
the rector in lieu of tithes. Under the same act an area known
as the Black Ground was awarded to the parish "for use of
the poor for firing". In 1844 an Act of Parliament was
passed to enable the Rector, Churchwardens and Overseers -
Trustees of this land - to sell part of it.
There was a
great deal of discontent in the village such that the event was
commemorated in stone-work on April Cottage, Church Road, and
the inscription reads:
Brickhill Heath was awarded to the Poor of this parish, 1793;
an Act of Parliament was obtained to sell it by the Trustees!!!